THE OLD MONOVIANS ASSOCIATION
(Adopted 28 April 2000 amended 19 May 2006, 10 March 2011 and 14 March 2013)
The Association shall be called "The Old Monovians Association".
1. For the maintenance of friendships and mutual interests of Members.
2. The Association shall be a non profit-making organisation. No assets or surplus funds shall be distributed
to members or to any organisation which is not a charity or a non profit-making organisation.
1. Membership shall be open to past pupils and teaching staff of the Sir George Monoux Grammar School,
the Sir George Monoux Senior High School and the Sir George Monoux College.
2. Subscriptions shall be by life membership, payable on joining. The Committee shall have power to
appoint Honorary Life Members.
4. THE COMMITTEE
1. The Committee of the Association shall comprise the Secretary, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor and up to
five other members.
2. The Committee shall be elected at the AGM and will hold office until the next AGM. The Committee
shall elect one of its members to be the Chairman and may fill any casual vacancy.
3. The management of the Association shall be vested in the Committee, which shall meet when necessary.
4. Four members of the Committee shall form a quorum. Resolutions shall require a simple majority of
those present and voting.
5. The Association shall indemnify the Committee against all claims and losses incurred in the management
of the Association.
1. An annual general meeting shall be held each year.
2. A special general meeting may be convened by the Committee or on the requisition to the Secretary in
writing signed by not less than twenty members specifying the objects of the meeting.
3. Resolutions for consideration at an AGM or special general meeting shall be with the Secretary at least
28 days before the relevant meeting.
4. The Secretary shall give 21 days written notice to all members including details of all matters for
consideration at the meeting.
5. Ten members shall form a quorum at an annual or special general meeting.
6. Except for a resolution under Rule 6, resolutions shall require the approval of a simple majority of
members present and voting at an annual or special general meeting.
6. THE CONSTITUTION and DISSOLUTION
Resolutions to amend the constitution or to dissolve the Association shall be taken only at an annual or
special general meeting and shall require the approval of two thirds of members present and voting.
7. SUBSCRIPTIONS and FINANCE
1. Subscriptions shall be determined by the AGM.
2. Audited accounts shall be presented to the AGM.